Fall is here! As the leaves turn brilliant shades of yellow, orange and red, we have everything you need to enjoy fall in style. Just a 45-minute drive from Buffalo and an hour drive from Rochester and Niagara Falls, come on out and experience our must-do-list this season.
- Visit the Grand Canyon of the East: Letchworth State Park is one of New York’s premier natural wonders, and the fall season transforms Letchworth into the single best leaf-peeping experience Mother Nature has to offer. With gorge depths of over 600 feet, Letchworth’s many overlooks and vistas will provide views like no other! Other fun attractions in the park include: the Humphrey Nature Center, Glen Iris Inn, the Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show (Oct 12-14), Adventure Calls Outfitters, and Balloons Over Letchworth.
- Bask in the Beauty of Nature: There's plenty of natural beauty to explore in Wyoming County - including Beaver Meadow Audubon! This 324-acre nature preserve features an 8,000 square foot nature center, miles of scenic hiking trails, glacial kettle ponds, wetlands with a boardwalk trail, wooded uplands, meadows, a hawk watch, and an arboretum. Spend hours here enjoying the peace and tranquility of nature! Want to go on a County-wide treasure hunt? Embark upon the Wyoming County Geocaching Trail. Featuring 12 containers hidden at some of Wyoming County's most popular attractions, you’ll have a blast enjoying this family-friendly activity. Best of all, anyone can participate - all you need is your smart phone and a sense of adventure! Other fun outdoor activities that will wow you: the Arcade & Attica Railroad, Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, Silver Lake State Park and plenty of other outdoor fun!
- Indulge your inner Artisan: The Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show is one of the nation's finest arts festivals. Held in Letchworth State Park during Columbus Day weekend, October 7-9, visit over 300 artisans, artists, and master craftpersons from throughout the country. Check out pottery, paintings, quilts, fiber arts, handcrafted jewelry, photography, furniture, decorative painting, dried floral arrangements, packaged specialty foods, and so much more. Art is alive and prospering in Wyoming County - visit our many shops and galleries including: the Arts Council for Wyoming County's gallery and many other arts, crafts and antique shops.
- Trek Our Craft Beverage Trail: After a full day of exploration, sit back and sip a crisp craft beer or a delicious glass of wine. To do that, visit our craft beverage trail! Our three micro-breweries offer traditional and uniquely Wyoming County beers in a relaxing and cozy atmosphere. Stop in and have a tasty pint at the Amber Lantern Brewing Company, Silver Lake Brewing Project and Windy Brew. Wine more your style? Visit Main Street Winery and sample a multitude of wines while checking out a diverse array of wine making supplies.
- Spend the Weekend With Us: There’s not enough time to see it all, so spend the entire weekend with us, enjoying the majesty of fall. We’ve got it all here - from boutique inns and lodges, to rustic camping getaways. Leaf-peep in style at River Spring Lodge or the Glen Iris Inn, where elegance and sophistication is key. Get in a fall round of golf right outside your lodge at Byrncliff Golf Resort, The Club at Silver Lake, or plan an overnight trip at one of many bed & breakfasts, campgrounds, motels and more.
For more information on everything Wyoming County has everything this fall season, call us at 1-800-839-3919 or email email@example.com.