There are fun & exciting ways to enjoy the 4th of July this year - here are local celebrations taking place near you!
- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in North Java – fireworks will take place on July 4th at 10pm.
- Turkey Run Golf Course in Arcade – fireworks will take place on July 4th at 9:15pm.
Silver Lake Celebrations:
- Howard Benedict Memorial Boat Parade – will begin at 2PM on July 4th on Silver Lake. Decorated and undecorated boats will launch from the residents’ dock and start to circle Silver Lake counter clockwise. Boats congregate by the docks of Silver Lake Marine.
- Ring of Fire on Silver Lake – the annual lighting of the “Ring of Fire” will take place on Silver Lake July 3rd at 9:30 pm. The Wyoming County Sheriff will lead the lighting, with their siren and blue flashing lights by circling Silver Lake. There will be no fireworks - they have been postponed until later this year.
Those interested in viewing the “Ring of Fire” and/or Boat Parade can do so by accessing public property at Silver Lake State Park.
Per the Village of Perry, the Perry Public Beach is closed.
Fourth of July Carnival Food:
Laurie’s Restaurant in Warsaw will be serving carnival food every day this week from 11:30am-7pm. Here's their daily menu:
- Monday June 29 – Hotdogs & hamburgers w/ loaded waffle fries
- Tuesday June 30 – Italian sausage w/ sautéed peppers & onions, mac salad & salt potatoes
- Wednesday July 1 – Hotdogs & hamburgers w/ loaded waffle fries
- Thursday July 2 – ½ rack of BBQ ribs with mac salad & salt potatoes
- Friday July 3 – Italian sausage w/ sautéed peppers & onions, mac salad & salt potatoes
- Saturday July 4 – Chicken BBQ – baked beans & salt potatoes – pick up 11am-1pm. Pre-sale ticket available at the restaurant!
The following treats will also be available daily: funnel cakes, corn dogs, loaded waffle fries, steamed clams, deep fried Oreos, taffy, sugar waffles & cotton candy.
Check out these other great area restaurants if you're looking for a pre-fireworks treat!