KNOWN AS THE “GRAND CANYON OF THE EAST”...
the park comprises 14, 350 acres – approximately 1 ½ miles wide and 17 miles long – of scenic magnificence along the mighty Genesee River. The steep Genesee Gorge walls, the river winding below, the plunge and spray of dramatic waterfalls and the lush forest all contribute to make the park one of the most notable examples of waterfall and gorge scenery in the eastern United States. Within the park the Genesee River roars over three major waterfalls, one of which is 107 feet high. Each year the river cuts deeper into the dramatic cliffs which approach 600 feet in height.
Whether you are here for a leisurely hike on one of our many trails, to stay overnight in one of our rustic cabins, camp in your RV or tent, swim in the Olympic-size pool, have a picnic in a shelter or in a nice secluded and romantic spot, fish in the river, visit our state-of-the-art Humphrey Nature Center, dine at Mr. Letchworth’s former residence, The Glen Iris Inn, take a Hot Air Balloon Ride, raft on the Genesee or simply sit on a bench and contemplate the sheer beauty of Mother Nature, this is the place you were meant to be at this very moment. Take a long, deep breath and know that you have arrived in a place of rich history, stellar beauty and rejuvenation. Welcome to Letchworth.
Here are just a few quick facts about Letchworth State Park
- Grand Canyon of the East – Voted the #1 State Park in the United States by Reader’s Digest
- The park spans over 14,000 acres
- There are ~66 miles of hiking, biking, snowshoe, cross country skiing and/or horse trails
- Approximately 800,000 visitors each year
- Letchworth features three spectacular waterfalls
- Gorge walls rise up to 600 feet high
- Rustic cabins as well as glamping options are available inside the park
- State of the art Humphrey Nature Center
- The Glen Iris Inn is located within the park
- Home of Adventure Calls Outfitters whitewater rafting and Balloons Over Letchworth
1 Letchworth State Park
Castile, NY 14427