We have plenty of ideas to ring in 2023, and follow that up by connecting with our beautiful natural landscape on New Year’s Day. Here are suggestions on New Year’s Eve Foodie Fun, Festivities & First Day Hiking adventures you can enjoy to say goodbye to 2022 and hello 2023!
Foodie Fun - New Year's Events:
- Byrncliff Golf Resort & Banquets (Varysburg)
- Enjoy dinner and dancing New Year's Eve at Byrncliff. Dinner starts at 3pm with prime rib and frutti di mare dinners. DJ & dancing begins at 8:30pm featuring Scott's Rockin' - and at midnight - a celebratory champagne toast!
- Stay the night with a New Year's overnight package - from $319.99 per couple you get lodging, dinner & New Year's Brunch!
- Begin 2023 with a New Year's Day champagne brunch buffet from 9am to 11:30am. The buffet includes omelets, waffes, pancakes, homefries, bacon, sausage, ham, fresh fruit, toast, pastries, drinks & more!
- Call 585.535.7300 to reserve your dinner, overnight and/or brunch spot!
- Ration Wine Bar (Perry)
- Ration will be open starting at 2PM on New Year's Eve, and will remain open all day until the ball drop! Want to ring in 2023 in style - they have igloos for rent to make your evening extremely special. They will also have a unique New Year’s Eve menu for you to enjoy!
- To reserve an igloo, call 585.237.8581.
- Silver Lake Brewing Project (Perry)
- Can’t stay awake until midnight? SLBP has the solution - Irish New Year! Join them as they ring in the New Year at 7pm along with our friends in Ireland! Whether you start your celebrating here or finish here, they’ll have drink specials and snacks and friends and beer. They may even have hugs - if you promise to be cool about it. :)
- Windy Brew (Stykersville)
- On New Year's Day, enjoy a Hangover Party from 12-6pm at Windy Brew with karaoke & music by Dave Hurlburt - with a Bloody Mary Bar and Mimosa Specials.
Want to plan some exciting culinary adventures in 2023? We got you!
New Year's Eve Festivities:
- 2023 Ball Drop Arcade!
- Ring in the New Year with a ball drop on Main Street in Arcade!
- Enjoy family-oriented games, a photobooth and more - fun for all ages. Free food and hot chocolate.
- The festivities start at 9PM at The Crossover (224 Main St, Arcade) and go until the ball drops at 12midnight.
- This is a FREE event, so come ring in 2023 in Arcade!
Overnight Into the New Year:
Byrncliff Golf Resort & Banquets (Varysburg)
- Stay the night with a New Year's overnight package - from $319.99 per couple you get lodging, dinner & a New Year's brunch buffet!
Dell Collective (Perry/Silver Lake)
- Dell Collective is offering 20-30% off remaining available dates in 2022 for the rest of the year at Dell Collective vacation rentals.
After The Food & Festivities – Enjoy A First Day Hike!
First Day Hikes in Letchworth:
Start 2023 off right with a First Day Hike (or 2, or 3, or 4!) at Letchworth State Park! There will be several hikes taking place throughout the park during the day, so pick the one that sounds like the most fun for you! All hikes are FREE. Please call the Humphrey Nature Center at (585) 493-3680 with any questions.
Click here for a map of trails in Letchworth!
The First Day Hikes in Letchworth State Park are:
- First Sunrise Hike - 7:00 – 8:30am
- Witness the first sunrise of 2023 from Archery Field Overlook, the breathtaking “Grand Canyon of the East” view at Letchworth State Park. This easy hike on mostly-level ground offers wonderful views and great photo opportunities. 1 mile. Meet at the Humphrey Nature Center in the south end of the park, 1 mile south of the Castile entrance.
- First Day Hike Around Trout Pond - 10:00 – 11:30am
- Hike a loop around Trout Pond, the human-enhanced wildlife habitat, fishing pond, and water source for the fountain at the Glen Iris Inn. This moderate hike covers mostly flat ground but follows a complete loop around Trout Pond. Experience the hushed, densely fern-covered pine woods in their winter slumber beside the beautiful pond. 1½ hours, 1 mile. Meet at the Humphrey Nature Center in the south end of the park, 1 mile south of the Castile entrance.
- First Day Waterfalls Hike - 10:30am – 12noon
- Join us for a hike to Middle Falls and Upper Falls. This easy hike over mostly flat surfaces offers incredible views, plus the Glen Iris Inn fountain, known to some as the “Ice Volcano” in the winter. 1 mile. Meet at the Humphrey Nature Center in the south end of the park, 1 mile south of the Castile entrance.
- First Day Waterfalls Hike - 1:00 – 3:00pm
- Join us for a hike to Inspiration Point, the Glen Iris Fountain, and Middle Falls. This more moderate hike offers incredible views and explores exotic trees, as well as state and national champion trees. 2 miles. Meet at the Humphrey Nature Center in the south end of the park, 1 mile south of the Castile entrance.
- First Day Hike to Hogsback Overlook - 10:00 – 11:30am
- Enjoy a guided hike along the Highbanks Trail with great views of the Mt. Morris Canyon. The Hogsback Overlook provides great views of a unique geological feature of the gorge within Letchworth State Park. – 1½ miles. Meet at the North Highbanks Shelter, in the north end of the park, near the swimming pool.
- First Day Hike to Mt. Morris Dam - 1:00 – 2:30pm
- See the Mount Morris Dam as only a winter hiker can, with hard-to find views exposed by bare trees. Hear stories of the creation of the Mount Morris Dam and its importance to communities on the Genesee River, including some of the most productive farmland in New York and the City of Rochester. – 1½ miles. Meet at the North Highbanks Shelter, in the north end of the park, near the swimming pool.
First Day Hike & Yoga in Beaver Meadow:
Begin 2023 by connecting with nature and setting intentions for the upcoming year! Join certified Yoga instructor Debbie Smith (500 RYT/C-1AYT) as she leads a meditation, first-day hike, and yoga session at Beaver Meadow Audubon Center in North Java. Start the year off right with a first-day hike! Registration is open to all levels. Please bring your yoga mat, blanket, journal, and hiking boots! Limited space available. Tickets are $20 per person. The first day hike runs from 1-2pm, followed by a personalized Yoga session until 3:30pm. Tickets are limited so get yours today!
If you want to take yourself on a first day hike, explore Beaver Meadow's 8 miles of trails and 324 acres of serene open woods, gorgeous marshlands and picturesque meadows. If there’s enough snow, strap on your snowshoes and make it a real family fun adventure! Plan your trek now by checking out Beaver Meadow’s trail map.