The weather can be a little frightful outside, so we've curated a list of fun and exciting indoor ideas that will warm your mind, body and spirt with adventure.
Enjoy some good old fashion family fun for you and the kids (and kids at heart!)
- Prehistoric World (Perry) - Prehistoric World is New York's only reptile zoo and dinosaur museum where visitors can interact with animals and dinosaur themed activities. Experience everything from live reptiles to fossils to Jurassic memorabilia!
- Spotlight Theater (Warsaw) - A full service movie theater located in Warsaw, NY. Spotlight features three movie screens, new/comfortable seating, and a full concessions counter serving popcorn, candy, beverages and much more! The second Saturday of a new PG or PG-13 movie will be a Free to Be Me Matinee Movie Experience - where families with autistic children can enjoy an inclusive movie experience!
From hidden gems, to rust pieces, our antique shops have something special for everyone:
- Arcade Junction Co-Op (Arcade) - enjoy 7,500 square feet of antique goodness for you to peruse from dozens of vendors. Find mint pieces, rusty treasures and handcrafted items!
- Junk & Disorderly / Rusty Bones Antiques (Arcade) - Junk & Disorderly and Rusty Bones Antiques share over 6,000 square feet of shopping bliss! Discover rusty treats, patina, antiques, art and more!
- Remember When...Creekside Shoppe (Warsaw) - A unique twist to your local antique shop. They offer antiques, boutique goods, local crafts, handmade/homemade, artisan products & much more!
When it's chilly out, it's the perfect time to get all artsy and craftsy - here are a few spots where you can get in touch with your inner artist!
- Arts Council for Wyoming County (Perry) - the Arts Council hosts art exhibits, classes, workshops, concerts and films. This is a great opportunity to consume some world-class art. The gallery also features a store to purchase fine art pieces made by local artisans.
- Creekside Fabrics Quilts & Yarns (Arcade) - Creekside specializes in "themed fabrics", as well as yarn, sewing products and all your quilt and craft needs. Get to work on all your crafty projects by stopping by Creekside Fabrics!
- The Quilter's Daughter (Perry) - Get all your quilting and craft supplies at the Quilter's Daughters! Choose from a wide variety of fabrics, as well as enjoy a class and learn how to make your own quilt - it's the perfect winter project.
Don't let the winter blues put you in the gutter - that's where bowling balls go. Here's a list of alleys you can spend a night out with drinks, dinner and plenty of fun!
- Arcade Bowling Lanes (Arcade)
- Bennington Lanes & Grove (Attica)
- Flip Side (Strykersville)
- Letchworth Pines (Portageville)
- Perry Bowling Center (Perry)
One of the best way to spend a chilly day is to curl up with a warm cup of deliciousness and a great book. We got you covered!
- Biblio-Tech Cafe (Perry) - The Biblio-Tech Cafe is a locally owned cafe, bookstore and specialty gift shop. They offer new and used books, Legos, toys and games, personal tech and a Cafe with a variety of seating and wicked fast wifi to suite all your needs. Come get a book, or hang out - it's tons o' fun!
- Books & Fields (Perry) - Books & Fields is a used book store for the enthusiastic reader and the discerning collector - come flip through over 7,000 titles!
While your out and about exploring all these cool spots - enjoy a one our micro-breweries for a craft beer, or pop in to one of our many amazing restaurants for a culinary treat. It's important to stay warm on a full stomach!
Want to add an outdoor adventure experience to your intinerary this winter? We've got you covered! Also, plan a stay & play get-away at one of our many beautiful lodges, inns & hotels!
For regular updates on exciting happenings in our community, follow us on Facebook & Instagram - don't forget to tag us using #WyCoApproved!